Sunday, April 6, 2008

Inspiring Rooms II

Julianne's Place

I'm a big fan of Julianne Moore (who isn't?). So when I saw the magazine (The World of Interiors, May 2006. Julianne Moore's Utopia: Movie Star's 1830's Town House) in the airport newsagency with the article featuring her home, I snapped it up.


Julianne's Living Room

Her muted colour palette and toning really appeals to me. I LOVE the grey walls. I have wanted my living room to be this exact colour for a long while, so I was excited to see it used by someone I admire. Grey is often associated with a feeling of coldness or sterility, but this room is a good example of grey creating a sense of warmth and comfort. It reminds me of small personal luxuries, like flannelette sheets in Winter, a tailored pair of trousers, or your favourite tracky pants.


Julianne's Bathroom

Instead of settling for the typically small bathroom that comes with a home in New York, Julianne converted what was the front parlour into a bathroom big enough for her whole family to use.

My favourite Julianne Moore films...
  • Far From Heaven
  • Magnolia
  • Boogie Nights
  • Safe
  • Children of Men
  • The Big Lebowski
  • The Hours

1 comment:

Kirsty Jenkins said...

what no Hannibal?
I know Jodie's Clarice was amazing, but Julianne's wasn't half bad!