Sunday, March 9, 2008

Premier post

I want my first post on this blog to be an introduction of sorts, a small insight into who I am. This will give you a few clues.

Recently I've had a renewed fascination with Paris, so a couple of weeks ago had a quiet night in on the sofa with my pup and watched Amelie on DVD. Inspired by the film, and with a bit of spare time at my day job, I've started my own 'Amelie' list of life's small pleasures. Just a snippet, it's a work in progress...


  • Making mixed CD's
  • Lying on warm concrete after swimming
  • Lemon slice
  • Getting a whiff of jasmine
  • Reading on the train
  • Licking the bowl after making cake
  • Winning a long rally playing tennis
  • Smelling my dog's head
  • Vague-ing out in the shower
  • Anzac cookies from Subway
  • Taking a massive bite of a crunchy apple
  • Feeling sofa and curtain fabric in a room I've never been in before
  • Singing along loudly to the radio in my car
  • Watching dogs play in the park
  • Pressing buttons in an elevator
  • Making shapes with blue tack
To be continued...



I am (by-the-way) Michael Morell, a Melbourne based designer in my early thirties and MIKE ID is my first foray into the world of small business.

Watch this space!

2 comments:

Um Pixie said...

what a fantastic first foray!

Rachoo said...

Your first pieces are absolutely stylin', no doubt. But your expression, photography and photoshop skills have impressed the pants off me.