Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Inspiring Fabric/Finishes I



This is my favourite piece of fabric that I have. It is a fine cotton velvet, beautiful handle and weight. It is so refined and sofisticated, yet so soft. I could stroke it all day. At first I thought it was just a very detailed print, but it is also a very subtle figured velvet. So subtle you'd have to have the touch of a blind man to pick it up. I have just enough to make a cushion or two if I use it as the face only.

It is the epitome of my fantasy gentleman's study: mahogany timber panelled walls, wall to wall bookshelves, leather top desk, persian carpet, crystal decanters of cognac and muscat, a large mounted stag's head, deep brooding colours, burgundy, chocolate, mustard, olive. The perfect den to smoke a cigar whilst ponderously stroking one's moustache.


Detail


No comments: