Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Stuff V

Alpha Damask

Meterage of my first textile design.


You can't take your camera out without Macy insisting on being in the photo.

How very exciting! I have been working on this project for a while. You may remember a previous post from April 2008, My Stuff III. It's satisfying seeing it come into fruition and actually hold the product in my hands.

The fabric is a chalk coloured sateen with quite a heavy, but soft handle. The contrasting black print is very striking and makes for a glamorous and sleek design.

You can purchase it by-the-metre through me or at my etsy shop. I'm also looking at producing cushions and canvases with this batch. Ultimately, it would make for amazing drapes. I have plans for producing other colourways and an upholstery version.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...this is awesome! Good on you!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Let me know when cushions are likely to be available - i want some!

Bridget said...

it looks great Mikey!

Anonymous said...

I love this, you are so talented. Keep creating. Tors