Saturday, June 11, 2011

Little Cookin'

I've been involved in writing new 'Fun Time' lesson plans for Kindy. The last half hour of every Kindergarten day is devoted to 'Fun Time', an opportunity to learn English by doing. For the teachers, it's an opportunity to be creative, inject their own personality into the lesson, and have some fun doing it.

The objective is to augment and expand upon the English they've been learning, and also to provide a well rounded education by teaching and developing other skills like P.E., Maths, Art, Drama, Social Studies and Food.

I was assigned the Social Science and Little Cook lessons. Social Science was no problem, but the Little Cook lessons threw me at first. I'm OK in the kitchen, but definitely no chef. I was a pleasant surprise to find that when I applied myself, it wasn't hard to get the creative juices flowing.

Theme: 5 Food Groups. Make a picture of your teacher using food from all 5 food groups.

Theme: Occupations. What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a dentist.

Theme: Natural World. Do you want to play in the snow? Yes, I do!


Theme: Animals. Yummy fruit peacock.


Theme: Space Travel. Watermelon juice rocket fuel.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Those looks so much fun. Have you had a chance to teach the class yet or are you just writing it so far? Bet the kids will love it.